Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is the only fresh, wild-caught and raw cod liver oil in the entire world. Straight from pristine Norwegian seas, it contains naturally occurring vitamins A and D, and a full spectrum of omega fatty acids, including omega-3 EPA and DHA.
If you do the research, you’ll find that most commercial cod liver oils are highly processed with heat that wipes out the natural vitamins A and D, and damages the fragile omega-3 fatty acids. To make up for the loss, most cod liver oil producers will add synthetic vitamins.
Yet Rosita family is in control of the entire process from fish to bottle, giving you the most precious and nutritional cod liver oil on the market.
- Sustainable: Authentic cod (gadus morhua) are sustainably caught, hook and line on Rosita’s own fishing boats off the coast of northern Norway.
- Unprocessed: Raw and handcrafted in small batches using a rare, exclusive and generations-old cold-process extraction technique that turns to nature to separate the oil from the livers (with a gentle temperature shift). No heat, bleach, solvents, mechanics, winterization or chemicals are used.
- Fresh: Fish to fresh oil within hours!
- Rich nutrients & no synthetic vitamins: Contains only naturally-occurring vitamin A and vitamin D and a full spectrum of omega-3 fatty acids in the concentration and proportion nature intended:
- Gives you 395 IU vitamin D3 per teaspoon and 3,900 IU vitamin A per teaspoon (with some variation batch-by-batch due to naturally occurring seasonal shifts).
- Gives you 443 mg EPA and 605 mg DHA per teaspoon, along with a full spectrum of omega fats, including 3 (DHA and EPA), 4, 6, 7, 9 and 11.
- Ships safely in all temps: Nitrogen-flushed, oxygen-free glass bottle protects the oil’s nutrients and allows for shipping in all temperatures, even without cold packs.
- Safe: Each batch is 3rd-party tested in a microbiological laboratory and certified to meet strict European regulations for potency and purity (including heavy metals testing). You can read the results here.
- Natural antioxidants: A tiny drop of rosemary herb extract and vitamin E extract from sunflower seeds (that naturally includes mixed tocopherols and is GMO-free) are added to maintain freshness.
- Taste: Golden oil tastes like robust, wild-caught fish. Nothing added to mask your oil’s all-natural taste.
Absorption benefits of liquid cod liver oil
Because Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is fresh, wild-caught and raw, taking a spoonful of the liquid is akin to eating a piece of nutrient-rich, fresh fish. This means your body will recognize Rosita as real food, rather than a processed supplement.
In addition, the vitamins in your Rosita cod liver oil are fat-soluble, meaning they’re stored in the body’s fat and used as needed.
Rosita liquid versus softgels
Rosita liquid cod fish oil offers more servings compared to softgels. It’s ideal for therapeutic doses and the entire family’s needs.
Rosita liquid is also helpful for those who cannot swallow a softgel, like infants, children and those who prefer a smooth dose.
Wild-caught cod liver oil, rosemary, organic vitamin E.
Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil contains a naturally rich and rare nutrient profile that lends itself to myriad health benefits:
Vitamin A: It has true vitamin A in retinol form, which means the body can easily absorb and use it (unlike the vitamin A found in plants as beta-carotene). Vitamin A is involved in immune function, vision, reproduction and cellular communication.
Vitamin D: Rosita’s vitamin A also works hand-in-hand with its vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium to support bone health.*
Omega fatty acids: Rosita’s full spectrum of fatty acids (including omega-3 EPA and DHA) are known for reducing inflammation and preserving brain health.*
For more information on Rosita’s science-backed health benefits, click here.
Best taken with food, as needed.
- Adults: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon daily.
- Children and sensitive individuals: 1 to 4 drops daily.
- Infants (as approved by doctor): 1 to 3 drops daily. Drops may be administered by spoon or by dropper prior to feeding.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers: Do not exceed more than ¼ teaspoon daily.
- Low and slow: Rosita is premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a very small dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the supplement affects your body and what dosage feels right for you.
How to take Rosita liquid
Here are some quick tips on “prepping” your pure cod liver oil for the most optimal taste:
- Before taking your preferred dose, take it out of the fridge and set it on the counter for two minutes.
- Then shake! This allows your oil to be properly distributed (it’s a full-spectrum oil, so shaking it makes for a consistent taste).
- Some people like to enjoy a slice of orange afterward for a refreshing chaser.
- Refrigerate upon receiving. (Please note, Rosita fish oils are nitrogen-flushed to remove oxygen before sealing the bottle, which preserves the oil’s freshness in all temperatures).
- Once opened, consume within three months (oil may become thick and cloudy when cold).
- Unopened bottles can be stored in the freezer for up to three years from the product’s production date.
Price & Dosage Calculator
- DPDONALD PRATER J.Verified BuyerReviewingRosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver OilI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars13 hours agoPungent Power
Over the years I’ve taken several different brands of cod liver oil but nothing as strong fish taste as Rosita. However, after getting used to the cod liver oil, I could see and feel the benefits of this amazing oil. Cognitive function, less aching joints and vibrant skin tone are the hallmarks of this new experience. Thank you so much 😊RURosita USA15 seconds ago
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We are pleased that you are benefiting from our cod liver oil. It supports immunity, vision, bone and brain health; may reduce inflammation and promote healthy skin*. Thank you for choosing Rosita! Have a great day!
- AAlexisReviewingRosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver OilI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoThe best & fresh!
I never write reviews but I must for this excellent product!! I don’t believe there is a higher quality cod liver oil on the market. The taste is not bad, it is very fresh and if taken with coconut water it doesn’t linger in your mouth at all! I love itRURosita USA4 days ago
Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback, Alexis! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our Cod Liver Oil is the only fresh, wild-caught and raw cod liver oil in the entire world. Straight from pristine Norwegian seas and contains naturally occurring vitamins A and D. Thank you for choosing Rosita! Have an awesome day!
- GAGloria A.Verified BuyerReviewingRosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver OilI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoTake it because of its health benefits
I am only taking this because of the health benefits, and the fact this is a good product. Pricey? Yes, but you know what? If you don't invest in yourself, no one will. There are oils out there that are heat processed, and come from farmed fish. I admit that I despise the taste but would rather take it and bring up my nutrient levels up than continue in a downward spiral when it comes to my health.RURosita USA4 days ago
Hearing how much you love our Cod Liver Oil has brightened up our day! Thanks for the great review you left us. We are delighted to hear that you are benefiting from our cod liver oil. These are the stories that keep us so motivated to continue doing what we're doing! Have a wonderful day!
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerReviewingRosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver OilI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 days agoCod liver oil
Good quality product. Wish it wasn’t as pricey but I guess you get what you pay for. My child likes the taste.RURosita USA5 days ago
Thanks for this wonderful review about our Cod Liver Oil, Joyce! We're so pleased to hear our cod liver oil is working just as it should and that your little one likes the taste! Your feedback means a lot to us. Have a great day!
- TMTom M.Verified BuyerReviewingRosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver OilI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoCod Liver oil
Great product that makes me feel healthy!RURosita USA1 week ago
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that our Cod Liver Oil is making you feel better. This is amazing news! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have a fantastic day!